The benefits of baby massage with baby massage oil are many. Before your baby develops language skills, she communicates through touch. An easy demonstration of this - Baby crying the moment you put her down.
The instant you pick her up, she’s serene and smiley.
Massage is an extension of this positive touch and helps Baby feel loved, respected and secure.
6 Benefits of Baby Massage
- Bonding with your baby -Massage encourages positive bonding between parent and baby from an early age. Intimate one-on-one time with your baby helps you to get to know each other. This also helps with their emotional and cognitive (learning) development.
- Calming, colic and sleep - Massage is calming on baby’s nervous system, which can help relieve colic and encourage better sleep. Massaging also does something rather magical: it raises the level of the ‘feel good’ hormones oxytocin and serotonin, and reduces cortisol (the stress hormone) in both you and your baby, helping both of you to feel, calmer, more relaxed and happier.
- Relaxation - The combination of being in warm water followed by a baby massage means your baby’s muscles relax. Breathing becomes deeper and massage oil nourishes your baby’s skin. Massage also supports the improvement of sleep patterns leading to improve attention, working memory and emotional regulation in children.
- Relief - Massaging your baby’s tummy can help to relieve colic, trapped wind and constipation.
- Baby’s health - Physiological benefits of a baby massage include improved breathing, and supports gastrointestinal function, and lymph and blood circulation.
- Your confidence - Baby massage can help you become more confident with handling your baby, and better at recognising his needs. This quiet time allows you to start learning his cues. Learning to understand your baby will boost your confidence and you’ll feel more relaxed in those early months.